BombshellBooks

Vanessa North
Hard as You Can
Laura Kaye

Villains

Villains - Andrea Speed This story had interesting characters and a strong sense of place. To me, it read like a graphic novel without the illustrations (and all the images in my head were in high contrast black and white like something out of Sin City). There were also some great one liners that made me wish I was far wittier than I am. So kudos to the author for those elements.

The only thing that left me wanting was the romance. It was there! I could feel the depth of feeling of Kaede for Ash, but I wanted a little more on-the-page affection (I'm sappy like that).

Speed hinted at continuing writing for these characters, and I hope that she follows through. I'd be interested to see what sort of trouble these two anti-heroes get up to next.