BombshellBooks

Vanessa North
Hard as You Can
Laura Kaye

Lone Star

Lone Star - Josh Lanyon My experiences so far with Josh Lanyon's short stories and novellas have been pretty hit or miss (mostly miss), but I absolutely ADORED this one!

The story had a rich setting (I could hear/see/feel Texas in every scene), strong, complex characters, amazing chemistry, and the perfect amount of angst. I thought the big conflict/misunderstanding between Web and Mitch near the end was a tad weak, but their history together and the echoes of those issues and hurts into the present was enough to draw me me and capture my interest.

Ultimately, I thought that this was a really well-done Christmas short about two sexy, determined men getting their second chance at love.