BombshellBooks

Vanessa North
Hard as You Can
Laura Kaye

Maybe With a Chance of Certainty

Maybe With a Chance of Certainty - John  Goode This story reads like a giant love letter to John Hughes (and I don't necessarily mean that in a good way).

It was a serviceable coming-of-age / accept-thyself story, but I found the characters to be too perfectly flawed to be believable. It also didn't help that the narrator's voice didn't sound like any teenager I've ever met (too hyper self-aware). That said, it had undeniably sweet moments and a handful of difficult/awkward moments that made for a good emotional balance in the story.

So... It was okay. Okay enough that I'd continue reading the next book in the series.