BombshellBooks

Hard as You Can
Laura Kaye

Medium, Sweet, Extra Shot of Geek

Medium, Sweet, Extra Shot of Geek - R. Cooper *** 3.5 Stars ***

I have to admit that I'm kind of astonished by the low ratings that this story has received.

Personally, I totally dug Medium, Sweet, Extra Shot of Geek. It was all about the banter and the flirting and the anticipation of a new relationship, and I thought that it was really well done. I loved that the characters - both the strong, silent type and the geek - were ones that we've seen a thousand times before, and yet the author managed to make them just enough against type to feel fresh and interesting. And, though I'm usually a horny bunny, I wasn't at all bothered by the fact that Tavio & Tommy never even make it to second base. I think that given the characters and the circumstances, the ending of the story felt perfectly organic and... right.

Do I wish it were longer and we'd gotten to see more of Tavio and Tommy's burgeoning relationship? Of course I do. But that's because I'm a fan, and I'm always going to be greedy for more of what I liked.