BombshellBooks

Vanessa North
Hard as You Can
Laura Kaye

After the Rain

After the Rain - Daisy Harris Daisy Harris writes exactly the type of books that she loves to read - well-written ones about sweet, relatable characters. No major angst; just a feel-good read that'll make you smile and laugh. In After the Rain, one of the main characters is a firefighting cowboy, gay sex virgin, who saves puppies, and the other is a snarky French-Canadian obsessed with coffee. Of course I loved it. With characters like that, my ovaries never stood a chance!

I will warn people that there is significant emphasis on safe sex in this one. This may not float everyone's boat, but I think it's an important message and while it was ever-present in the story, I thought that it was dealt with in a deft manner.

Favourite quote:

"He'd had sex with a man. Okay, not sex exactly. But he'd gotten Henri off. It hadn't even been difficult. Logan was, like, the cock whisperer."