BombshellBooks

Vanessa North
Hard as You Can
Laura Kaye

Up in Arms

Up in Arms - Kindle Alexander I liked the characters, thought the plot was well-arced, and appreciated the themes the novel dealt with concerning the difficulties of being gay and in the military (even after the repeal of DADT) and the personal and professional challenges that come with being severely wounded in the line of duty. However, the insta-love and Reed's overly formal dialogue (speech patterns which somehow slipped into Trevor's dialogue as well by the end of the book) still killed this one for me. I'm not at all surprised considering that the author of this book, herself, told me that Up in Arms was a love-it-or-hate-it kind of book. She was right - it just wasn't my cup of tea.