BombshellBooks

Vanessa North
Hard as You Can
Laura Kaye

The Anchor Tattoo and the Pistachio Dream

The Anchor Tattoo and the Pistachio Dream - Paula Coots This was a strange one for me.

It wasn't badly written and it certainly had an original premise, but while I could see what the author was going for with the casual snark and the speed of her writing, I just couldn't relax into her narrative style. It felt too much like I was trying to watch a bouncy ball ricochet around a room, careening off of everything in sight. In other words, it was a little exhausting. I also didn't particularly love or connect with these characters (although I can't really put my finger on why I didn't). I did, however, find that the last couple of pages were particularly well done and they gave me the sweet and meaningful ending that I always crave in these types of stories.

Honestly, I think this story might be a case of "it's not you, it's me" - I'm sure that plenty other readers will really enjoy this sweet, slightly screwball love story.

As always, my thanks to the author for participating in the Love's Landscapes event and for all of the behind-the-scenes work that editors, beta readers, and the MM Group Mods put into making this FREE event a massive success!