BombshellBooks

Vanessa North
Hard as You Can
Laura Kaye

Bonded

Bonded - Sara York Oh. My. FUCK.

That prompt picture is the stuff of legends. LEGENDS, I tell you. *golf claps to whomever submitted that photo to the LL event*

I also loved the prompt that York chose; it's not often that I read books or stories about established relationships, and even more rare that we get to see a glimpse into how that relationship might change with the introduction of a third person. Will it bend? Will it break? Will it become something entirely new and different? I just don't knoooooow (and that's part of the allure)!

Overall I thought the story was solid. It was well written and well edited, the characters were men that I definitely wanted to get to know better, their dynamics were interesting, and the sex was pretty dang hot. I appreciate a story that can make me feel in my heart AND a little further south of the equator as well (if you know what I'm sayin' *wink, wink*) and this did both of those things.

But there was a LOT going on there for such a short story and that caused things to feel a little muddled towards the middle and end. (Chris has both Dom and Sub tendencies?! Whaaaat?! I don't think I've ever encountered that before.) I finished the story completely unsure what this menage relationship would look like in six weeks, in six months, in six years. I guess that may have been the author's aim given her HFN ending. However, I would have liked a little more clarity if not closure.

As always, my thanks to the author for participating in the Love's Landscapes event and for all of the behind-the-scenes work that editors, beta readers, and the MM Group Mods put into making this FREE event a massive success!